Our Tax File Number Service is very easy.
Your Australian tax file number (TFN) is your personal reference number in the tax and super systems. It is an important part of your tax and super records as well as your identity, so keep it secure. When you are issued with a TFN it's yours for life. You keep the same TFN even if you change your name, change jobs, move interstate or go overseas.
It is not obligatory to have a TFN, but without one you pay more tax. You also won't be able to apply for government benefits, lodge your tax return electronically or get an Australian business number (ABN).
We can help you to get a Tax File Number if you are currently in Australia (or intend to go there) and you have:
- a valid permanent migrant visa, or
- a valid visa with work rights, or
- a valid overseas student visa, or
- a valid visa allowing you to stay in Australia indefinitely.
We can also organize your TFN application if you are An Australian resident and need a tax file number If you know your TFN, but wish to advise the Tax Office of changes to your details, go through this application process and enter your updated details.
How it works!
- 1. Submit your details to us
- 2. Pay our processing fee of 20.00 AUD
- 3. We will confirm the reception to you and will submit your TFN application within 12 hours or if you are still not in Australia we will keep your details on file and we will do this immediately after your arrival when you already have an Australian address
- 4. We will provide to you the application reference number, so that you can provide it to your employer in order not to be charged at the higher tax rate in Australia.
5. You will receive the Tax File Number at your Australian address. ATO standard
processing time is 28 days, but they usually process the applications in two weeks.
! Important – Some mailbox providers may direct our correspondence to your spam folder. Please add email@example.com to your mailbox trusted list to ensure you receive our updates).